Google Search Engine
Search:  www Family Research
Site Map  
Lost your way? Try DNA

Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional


Requesting Your Military Discharge
Military Report of Separation, DD Form 214

You or your next of kin cannot apply for any Veteran Benefits without a certified copy of your Report of Separation (DD Form 214). It is typically used for VA home loans, educational benefits, employment, retirement, and funeral benefits, just to name a few. Every veteran should have a copy of their DD-214 or Certificate of Military Service in their own, personal records as a part of their Estate Planning.

Please allow a minimum of two to three weeks for processing and delivery, even on emergency requests.

An on-line request to the National Archives is the fastest way for veterans or next of kin of deceased veterans to obtain military records. Records are generally received within three weeks of the request. The request form can be found at the: United States National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) website.


Adobe Acrobat Reader
Some documents on our site are in PDF format. To open these, you will need Acrobat Reader™.
If you do not already have this program, it is available as a FREE download by clicking this link: Adobe Acrobat Reader
Questions or comments about this web site? Send mail to the Webmaster
Copyright © 2002 - 2017 Family Research Group
4705 N Brookview Terrace - Litchfield Park AZ 85340
(208) 853-7567
Last updated: 26 Apr 2011