Family Research Group - Toll Free (800)842-7479
Google Search Engine
Search:  www Family Research
Site Map  
Lost your way? Try DNA

Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional


Old GloryRequesting Your Official Military Personnel Files (OMPF) Old Glory
or Military Medical Records

Only a veteran or next of kin (defined by law as a "surviving spouse that has not remarried, father, mother, son, daughter, sister, or brother") may request a complete, certified copy of an Official Military Personnel File or Medical Records.


If you are not the veteran or surviving next of kin, do not use this form and CLICK HERE for further information on obtaining modern military records.


  •   Our fee for obtaining a certified copy of the DD-214 or Certificate of Military Service is $49.95.
  •   Our fee for requesting a complete copy of a veteran's Official Military Personal File (OMPF) is $99.95
  •   Our fee for requesting a veteran's medical records is $99.95

Please check to be sure you have entered the correct email address. We do not use cookies or other tracking programs and your personal information is not used for any other purpose and is covered by our privacy policy.

Agreement to Represent

Federal Law requires us to act as a legal representative on your behalf in these requests, and you must complete the agreement which is part of the application.  
Download form and application now

Correcting Erroneous Information on your DD Form 214

We can also assist you in changing incorrect information on your separation papers. Just enter the incorrect information in the remarks block and what the correct information should be. You may be requested to submit evidence of the changes you request.
Submit Request Now


We have no control over the response time to your application. We guarantee to submit you application as soon as we receive your signed authorization. Response time for the National Personnel Records Centers averages 6-12 weeks. If the NPRC must reconstruct your records ( for those involved in the 1973 fire, it may take considerably longer). We cannot guarantee a delivery date. Medical Records from the Department of Veterans Affairs may take up to a year to obtain.

We utilize an SSL server so that your information is safe and secure. You can identify a secure server by the https:// address heading rather than the unsecured http:// address heading.

You will need the following information in order to submit this request. If you do not have all the information please use this form by clicking here :

  • Your name, mailing address, phone number and email address.

  • The purpose of your request (benefits, genealogy, employment, disability, etc.)

  • The full name of the veteran and your relationship to them

  • Veteran's date and place of birth

  • Veteran's Service Number or Social Security Number

  • Branch of Service (if veteran served in more than one branch, a separate submission must be made for each branch)

  • Enlisted or Officer

  • Component (active, reserves, national guard)

  • Dates of Service (requires at least the approximate date of discharge)

  • If the records were possibly involved in the 1973 NPRC fire, it will help if you can provide the date and place of entry into the service, date and place of discharge, and the last unit assigned.

To submit your secure request, please click on the link below.


Adobe Acrobat Reader
Some documents on our site are in PDF format. To open these, you will need Acrobat Reader™.
If you do not already have this program, it is available as a FREE download by clicking this link: Adobe Acrobat Reader
Questions or comments about this web site? Send mail to the Webmaster
Copyright © 2002 - 2010 Family Research Group
P.O. Box 140506 - Boise ID 83714-0506
(208) 853-7567 or (800) 842-7479
Last updated: 26 Apr 2011